Oh yes everyone!! I am learning how to build some AWESOME things out of wood!!! A couple months ago I came across this blog called Shanty 2 Chic. It is a blog all about making things out of wood! Plus its two chicks that do all the work! I started looking through their site and thought, if they can do it I can do it! I have been wanting something for our house since we moved in (3 years ago) and they have plans to tell me how to build it! I am not sharing quite yet what it is but you will know soon enough! It is so so fun and I CAN'T wait to have it completed! But beware it may a month or so! It's that big of a project:)
We had a lot of the tools around the house that I needed to start my carpentry projects but we didn't have a kreg jig and I didn't have a work bench so that I could cut my wood. Luckily my amazing husband bought me these two things for Christmas! Sure sign I am getting old when I am asking for tools for Christmas! lol!
Now, the girls on the website make these projects look simple and easy! I am here to tell you that if you don't know what you are doing its NOT that easy!! haha! It is definitely a learning process!!! The first time I tried to drill screws into wood, don't think dirty here people, my husband was helping me and lets just say that didn't go very well! Those little bastards are hard to screw in. He got so mad at me. To make things even more peachy I was so angry at the girls on the website for telling me this was simple DIY project. I needed more than just myself to conquer this. I stripped 2 of those asshole screws before B and I got in a fight in front of my mother in law and niece! Things were going great:). Since I wasn't going to be able to learn how to do this from my husband, I turned to a good friend and had her and her husband teach me. Well more her husband but she helped too.
He was a much more patient with me. Once I got the hang of how to use the drill, it really was super easy like those little bitches said it would be!!! Here are some pics of me completing my first project.
Finished product!
It was so much fun!!!! I can't wait to start on my next big project! First tho I have to get a big ass dresser that is taking up the whole 3rd car space in our garage redone and moved. Once that is out of my way there will be lots woodworking going down at the Wall house. After I finished my first project I just knew I needed a couple more pieces of equipment to help me with my future endeavors. I need a miter saw and a new drill. The drill we have is bigger than my arm, no wonder I couldn't make it work right. Here's to convincing B Wall I need all these tools! Wish me luck!!!!
Love, Mrs. Wall
No comments:
Post a Comment