October 10, 2012

Trying to be Martha...??? hmmm....

Happy 10.10.12 everyone!  Loving the Fall weather.  Last weekend did get a bit cool for me but oh well.  It was an amazing weekend!  The Wildcats demolished the Jayhawks on Saturday!!  Not gonna lie though I was slightly nervous during the first half?  Not sure which Kansas team that was but I was very glad the real one (that is terrible) decided to show up in the second half!

Sooo...since the game was at 11am I wanted to have chicken tortilla soup in the crockpot ready to eat for dinner when we got home!  Fabulous idea right?  Well..I bought the chicken, or so I thought, and put it in the crock pot to cook all day Friday so it would be nice and juicy, and ready to shred for the soup on Saturday.  Come to find out when I was about to take it out of the crock pot it just looked a little funny?  So I had Brian come over and look at it, and he says, "Why did you put a turkey in the crock pot?"  WHAT?  I was like are you serious?  I freaking didn't buy a damn chicken I bought a TURKEY and threw it in the crock pot. Who does that?  Well anyways it wasn't quite cooked after being in the crockpot for 10 hours, so Brian said we should just turn it on high so it will cook all the way and we can take it out after we get home from dinner.  Sounded like a good idea to me.  Got home and the turkey looked like the turkey on Christmas Vacation, you know the one that was so dry it poofed when they cut into it!  Ya thats what happened.  Lesson 1-Make sure when buying a chicken you actually buy a chicken not a turkey:)  We didn't get to have tortilla soup Saturday after the game.

I told you about the projects of repainting the god awful dressers that Brian had in his old room right?  Well I decided that it would probably be a good idea to strip the paint off the dressers with paint stripper and then paint them.  I was going to strip the paint, prime, and paint the dresser and be done by the time B got home from work. NO..bad idea!  haha stripping paint is a nightmare!  I started on the small end table, thank god, and worked on stripping the paint for probably 3 hours.  Brian came home and was like why are you stripping the paint?  I said BECAUSE I thought it would be a good idea.  He of course laughed and told me to call him next time I had a brilliant idea like that;)  haha how rude?  But as usual he was right.  The small dresser is still in progress.  BUT I did finish the tall dresser.  Brian was so sweet and bought me a sander, which would have been the smart idea in the first place. This made everything so much easier thank god.  I will post pictures of the completed project.  I think it turned out FABULOUS!  It was gray and black, NOT my style, and now it is antique white with very cool knobs.  Brian's not a fan of the knobs but I don't really care they are pretty sweet.  Lesson 2- Don't strip 3 layers of paint off of a dresser, YOU will make yourself CRAZY!! Even my neighbor came over and asked what the heck I was doing?  REALLY!!??

This week has been fabulous so far!  Saw Pitch Perfect on Monday!  Acca-AWESOME!! lol...I recommend everyone see this movie!! Fat Amy is HILARIOUS!  My favorite part is the burrito scene, you will know what I'm talking about when you see it.  Got engagement photo outfits lined up yesterday. so excited they are NEXT Friday!!! 

This Friday I am going to watch my cousin Allison play in the State Tennis Tournament at Shawnee Mission East!  This is her second year at State and she and her partner won Regionals last weekend to defend their title!  Can't wait to watch her play!  Good Luck Salthawk Tennis!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment