May ALREADY?
How is this year going by so incredibly fast? Apparently I have failed to blog for, oh you know the last 5 months! So sorry! A lot has happened at The Wall House! I will do a month by month recap to catch you all up to speed.
February 2014
The first weekend we surprised Brian's sister, Kellie, for her 30th Birthday in Florida!! It was so much fun traveling to see her and she was extremely surprised to see her whole family in Florida for her! We got to meet our nephew Austin, Kellie & Ryan's little boy, for the first time this weekend as well!
The following weekend we had a surprise 40th Birthday party for my sister in Wichita! This was also amazing! She was so surprised! Her reaction was very different from Kellie's the previous week though! ha! Kellie cried and Erin laughed! Love them both!
The rest of February was pretty low key. We were suppose to travel to the lake with some friends but unfortunately we had a death in the family and weren't able to leave town. We were also suppose to travel to St. Louis to see Brian's sister, Jess, and her husband Kenny, but the weather prevented us from being able to drive that far. Darn snow!!!
March 2014
March wasn't quite as busy with the traveling but still lots of fun things happened. Lots of basketball happening in our house in March! Pretty much the whole month.
We also found out that my brother and Melanie are having a baby GIRL!!! We can't wait for her to arrive in August!! Brad and Mel also moved a mile away from Brian and I this month! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having them so close to us! I'm sure they don't share quite as much enthusiasm as me but that's ok:)
April 2014
The first half of April was spent finishing up March Madness and the final four, me judging cheerleading tryouts, and attending the annual dental conference in Kansas City to make sure I keep up to date on Dental things, since that is my profession.
For Easter we traveled to Chicago to spend it celebrating Brian's uncle Warren, who got confirmed into the Catholic church. We were so honored to be able to be there with him as he took this huge step in his life and faith. We also got to witness him and Val getting married!!! They surprised everyone with this on Easter Sunday! We were all so excited and thrilled for them and to be there for their special day!
The next weekend we packed up the dogs and headed to St. Louis to spend the weekend with Jess and Kenny! Jordy and Reese in a car for four hours=NOT FUN. Poor Reese is so scared of the car its awful. So we had to drug her. I felt bad but it was the only way and it made the car ride much more pleasant! The drugs were from the vet so they were legit and definitely made her woozy! Success!!
May 2014
And now we are to May, almost June! I will just add what May entailed because its practically June and I am going to try and not get so far behind on blogging from now on. Try is the key word there, no promises.
The first weekend I went to Philadelphia to visit my brother, niece, and Jeff. It was so much fun! Let me tell you, Avery, my niece, is a three and a half year old TORNADO!! Holy cow! I needed a vacation from my vacation to recover! Whoever invented the terrible twos clearly didn't have a three and a half year old!
The next couple weekends were low key. We had a couple of our best friends turn 30. A good friend come to town from Dallas. Brian had corporate challenge. Nothing crazy.
Memorial Day weekend, last weekend, whew I am FINALLY caught up, was spent with my nephew Brady. Last year he came up for the weekend but it was the same weekend I broke my face playing softball so we didn't get to do anything fun! This year we went to a Sporting KC game, the movies, out to dinner, Brady, Brian, Brad, and Papa Ron played golf, and we relaxed a lot. Much more eventful than last year! This weekend Brady turns 14 and is going to be a Freshmen in high school next year!! I can't believe this! He is growing up so fast!!!
Hope you all had a safe and fun Memorial day weekend!! I am extremely excited that summer is FINALLY here!! I can't wait to go to the pool, relax, and enjoy some sun:)
Love, Mrs. Wall
No comments:
Post a Comment