I received a starbucks gift card a few days ago and there is a brand new Starbucks right by my work so I thought it would be a great day to go get a coffee at lunch time, mainly because it tastes good but also who doesn't love an afternoon pick me up, especially for free!? Well my 2 block trip to Starbucks and back turned into a disaster! If you know me well, you know I don't have a great history with cars so just add this one to the list.
I was waiting in the drive thru line when my car started shaking uncontrollably, it felt like I was on an amusement park ride, no joke. So I put my car in reverse so it would move a little to try and get the shaking to stop and it did but immediately started again, so I went forward a little, I was doing this back and forth driving method in the Starbucks drive thru for a good 3 minutes while waiting on the person in front of me to receive their order. If anyone was watching me they most likely thought I was a lunatic or drunk. The car was shaking so bad it was embarrassing! Finally I get my order and am heading back to the office, or am I? My car had other plans in mind.
The damn thing fricken stopped in the middle of the road!!! Thank god I was waiting, in my shaking car, to turn onto a main road when this happened. So I turned the key to shut it all the way off and prayed as I tried to start the car again. It started, thank the lord, but I had a bad feeling it was not going to be running for long and the car in front of me was taking their sweet time turning left. So I am shouting in my car at the car in front of me, because you know they can hear me lol, to turn and they finally get enough guts to turn so I didn't bother stopping I just followed them and got onto the road.
I pulled into my office parking lot and it was happening AGAIN!! This time the power steering and brakes went out! Talk about terrifying, and I almost slammed right into my boss's car! I am not sure how I got the car into a parking spot safely, without damaging anyone else's car but I did.
I had to have my car towed to the local Ford dealership in Lawrence so they could figure out what was wrong. I live in Overland Park, so commuting to work is not ideal when you don't have a car:).... luckily a girl that lives in Olathe was working today and offered to bring me home. I have to have my sweet soon to be Mother-in-Law take me to work tomorrow morning. I am so thankful to have such wonderful people in my life, from family to friends to co-workers and bosses. It really made today better to have people to help me out.
My car will hopefully be fixed tomorrow. You know, nothing that can't be fixed but it won't be fun paying for it.
So the bright side is that no one was hurt and this happened on a side road and not on K7 on my way home for the day. I am very thankful that I decided to go get that coffee at lunch:)
After B got home we talked about the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and the incident with the blue beast. I went and got the mail, went through the mail, B played on the computer, and I fixed myself some dinner. Right after I sit down to eat my delicious salmon, broccoli, and brown rice B starts freaking out because he can't find his phone. Well this is tragic for B to not have his phone because it is practically glued to his hand so I am not sure how it even got out of his sight! Love you B but its true.....
He calls his phone, we can't hear it in the house, he checks his car, not in there, then he starts blaming me! I was like dude I don't have ANY idea where your stupid phone is. He thought I hid it from him to be funny or something? Then he asks if I threw his phone away with the mail that was trash? I again told him I didn't throw your d**n phone away in the trash sheesh. So he goes in the garage to check in his car again and called his phone and he yells at me to come into the garage, I am eating by the way. So I go into the garage and he calls his phone and uh oh guess who threw his phone in the trash!!! HAHAHAHA yes I did! I didn't mean to? I had no idea that it was with the trash pile! It was pretty hilarious hearing it ring from in the trash can. Great way to end the day with a good laugh.
Now time to read and relax with my fiance and puppies!! Please pray the blue beast gets fixed tomorrow so I can have some wheels!!
Love,
The Future Mrs. Wall
No comments:
Post a Comment