September 13, 2012

When it Rains it Pours

Wow when it rains it pours, especially when you are a homeowner.  In the last two weeks we have had several things happen in our home that need repair.  Seems like everything is falling apart.

First the garage door broke (on the day it rained ALL day of course)
The sprinkler system got fixed FINALLY but unfortunately is still not running quite right
Our basement had standing water in it in the unfinished part
The smoke detector batteries decided to die and it was BEEEPING so loud
A tile from our fire place fell down
AND the dryer sounds like a dying cat!!  Making horrific noises

haha..ok all very fixable things but seriously these all happened within like two days of each other!  Oh the joys of home ownership.  Fortunately we have gotten all of these things fixed already.  It really helps that I don't work on Fridays so the maintenance people can come and get things done.  Also thank goodness we decided to renew our home warranty for another year since all these things keep going wrong.

On the bright side K-State is 2-0 after a major ass kicking last weekend against Miami!  The game was so much fun and the weather was absolutely perfect.  We had breakfast food at our tailgate and some great company!  This week we play North Texas and on the menu are kabobs (chicken, beef, shrimp, and veggies) YUM...

Marathon Training.....
It's going OK, my hip has been really bothering me after running such long distances so I am not sure what is going to happen, I may have to settle for a half marathon again if I can't get this feeling better soon:(

Wedding Planning has been so much fun!  I am really enjoying doing everything so far! (Ask me in May if this is still the case haha)  I have a meeting with our Venue coordinators on Friday that I am really looking forward to.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone, the weather is suppose to be amazing again this weekend!  Pray we get some rain today and as always....
Go Cats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment